As a matter of fact, a Linksys range extender is a lot useful in booting the existing WiFi signal throughout your building, home, or apartment. But you are supposed to perform some basic Linksys extender setup process prior to the Linksys device is ready to use. In case your Linksys wireless range extender stops working suddenly, then you have to go through the reset process of your Linksys device in order to set the device back to factory default settings.
An Important Tip:-
You can easily reset a Linksys range extender via its web interface or by pressing down its reset button.
The Setup Process of Linksys Extender
Prior to set up a Linksys WiFi extender, make sure that you have WiFi name, security settings, password (passphrase) and broadcast channel handy with you for your existing WiFi router.
Well, you can get this information easily from the router settings or from a client device like a computer or a laptop.
- After that, plug in your Linksys range extender and wait for its LED lights to become stable. If it doesn’t, then press the power (on/ off) button on your range extender once. On the other hand, make sure that your main Linksys device and main WiFi router are placed within range of each other.
- Next, what you have to do is to plug one end of the ethernet cable into your computer/ laptop and another end of the cable into your existing WiFi router to connect both the devices with each other physically and properly.
- Grab another Ethernet cable and connect your Linksys range extender and router with each other.
- Now, open a web browser and type linksys extender.linksys.com into the field of address bar.
- Type in the default username and password, enter the wireless network information on the Linksys extender login page and click on ‘Save’ option.
Well done folks! You have configured your Linksys range extender successfully. For any assistance, without any hesitation, dial a toll-free number 1-844-748-5637 and have a word with our technical department.
Reset a Linksys WiFi Range Extender
So, if you ever need to reset your Linksys wireless extender back to factory settings, then there are generally two easy to execute ways to do so. Prior to resetting the settings, you are supposed to unplug the device from the main power outlet. Wait for a short while and plug it back in. Allow it to reboot.
Moreover, you can physically reset your Linksys device by pressing and holding down its reset button for a few seconds. Once done unplug it and wait for a couple of seconds before plugging your Linksys device back in. After resetting your device, you will have to enter the entire configuration settings again via extender.linksys.com.
Alternatively, you can also reset your Linksys device via a wireless connection, assuming that you’re able to connect to it properly. Use a relevant web browser to connect to http://extender.linksys.com or the default IP address of your extender Linksys.
Now, in the menu, you have to choose the ‘Administration’ options and after that, ‘Factory Defaults’ and then click on ‘Restore Factory Defaults’. Once done, unplug the range extender for a couple of minutes, plug it back again and navigate to Linksys extender router login page.
Note: If you cannot connect to Linksys extender, then we insist you reach out to us as soon as possible. As soon as you get in touch with our technical support team via toll-free number shared above, you will experience that all your brain-teaser and annoying problems have been solved within a matter of minutes.