A dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) client table allows you to examine the connected devices that are linked with your existing WiFi network.
Well, this smart WiFi router feature lists the entire wireless and wired computers/ laptops and mobiles devices connected to the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz band that are only meant for dual-band routers and the guest network that are meant only for Linksys wireless-N and WiFi routers.
A Quick Tip
Those wired or wireless devices that are not connected to the existing WiFi network properly (wired or wireless) can never be detected by dynamic host configuration protocol client table, which will not allow you to access linksys.com for Linksys extender router login.
If you are still unable to access the DHCP client table, then ask our certified technicians at 1-844-748-5637 (toll-free) to fix this issue for you as soon as possible.
Now, have a look onto the steps below that will guide you step by step on how to check the dynamic host configuration protocol client table using the web-based setup page of your Linksys smart wireless router.
Some Simple and Trouble-Free Steps
- First of all, you are supposed to access the web-based setup page of your Linksys router. For this, you have to open a load-free, up-to-date, and relevant web browser Like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari (for MAC computers).
- After that, on its address bar, carefully type your router’s IP address (default) and press Enter key on your keyboard.
- When the login page appears, fill in your Linksys router username and password by default.
- Once you’re successfully into the web-based setup page, scroll down to the Network Setup section and ensure that the DHCP Server is enabled. If it’s set to Disabled, select the Enabled radio button then click Save Settings.
- Now, tap on the ‘Status’ and after that, hit on the ‘Local Network’.
- Next, tap on the ‘DHCP’ client table option that is situated under the section ‘DHCP Server’. This process will appear a list of the available and active clients that are connected to your home WiFi network currently.
If you wanna check whether the devices listed on dynamic host configuration protocol client table are yours or not, then it is recommended that you make a note of every ‘MAC address’ that is connected to your existing home WiFi network and then compare it with your Linksys routers’ MAC address. For instructions, call our technical department now.
We also insist you – do not ignore this step because it will be helping you to access http://extender.linksys.com for the Linksys extender setup process.
The dynamic host configuration protocol client table page provides you the following beneficial options
It sorts the clients in order of the device’s MAC Address, Client Name, Interface, IP Address making use of the ‘To Sort’ by the ‘dropdown’ menu.
It removes all the selected client from the available list but it will not remove or disconnect the client from the main WiFi network.
The ‘Delete’ button will not close or block any client from reconnecting to the WiFi network again. Also, make note of the MAC address of the client and prevent an unknown device from connecting to your internet/ WiFi network.
It updates and refreshes the list of clients.
Exits from the current window.
A Beneficial Tip
As a matter of fact, setting up a long and strong WPA2/ WPA password (security key) is the best way to prevent unauthorized access caused by unknown people to your private home WiFi network.
Call our technical department now and learn how to set up a long and strong password.
Additionally, you can also contact us if you cannot connect to Linksys extender or can’t access Linksys extender.linksys.com page.