Troubleshooting “Cannot connect to Linksys Extender” issue
One of the most common issues during Linksys extender setup is that users cannot connect to Linksys extender. When they try to access extender.linksys.com web address, an error screen pops up saying you are not connected to range extender. If you also face the same issue, you have reached the right website. Here, we will walk you through the steps to connect Linksys extender without facing any difficulty.
Why you cannot connect to Linksys Extender
Let’s have a look at the main reasons why you are unable to connect to Linksys extender:
- Position of Extender Linksys
Linksys Extender’s position should be optimal. During Linksys extender setup, place the extender in a clean and neat area. It should be placed nearby a wall socket so that there is no problem while plugging in Linksys extender. However, after a successful installation, you are free to move the extender anywhere you like. Once done, try again to access extender.linksys web-based page.
- Look for interference-creating objects
There are some objects in home or office which create interference in the path of extender signals. Such objects include walls, floors, electronic appliances like refrigerator, radio, electric iron, microwave oven and then some. Metal objects also create interferences for extender signals. In addition to this, reflexive surfaces such as mirrors, fish tanks etc. also harm the signal strength for home or office network.
- Discontinuous network connection
Plug out Extender linksys and then plug it in back again. This process is known as rebooting. Wait for some time and let the extender reboot properly. It may also happen that you are connected to someone else’s network. To check this, go to network icon present in the taskbar. Look for the extender network name and click on connect button.
- WiFi coverage is not up to the mark
Another reason why you cannot connect to Linksys extender is that WiFi coverage is improper or not up to the mark. To get rid of this problem, change the position of extender’s antennas. It’s recommended to place the antennas either horizontally or vertically.
Still unable to connect Linksys extender? Talk to our expert technicians. We hold a dedicated team of technicians who aim to resolve all your issues in a matter of minutes.
Make a connection between Linksys Extender and computer
Prior to access the setup page for Linksys extender, make sure to connect it with computer system. Here are the complete steps to connect linksys extender to computer:
- Turn on Linksys extender and computer.
- You can use either wireless connection or an Ethernet cable to connect Extender linksys.
- For wireless connection, go to network icon on computer.
- Select a wireless network and click on connect button.
- Thus, you can make a wireless connection between the extender and computer system.
- On the other hand, if you want a wired connection then use an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one part of the cable to extender and another to computer.
- But make sure to turn off the WiFi connectivity for computer.
Now, open a browser and enter extender.linksys in the address bar. Through this page, you can set up the new extender and change settings of an already installed range extender. For any technical assistance, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our professionals.